Qatar National Flag Sewn
Sewn National Flag
- 140gsm woven fabric
- Double stitched top and bottom hem with triple stitching on the fly edge.
- Anti Fray netting can be added as an optional extra prolonging the life span of your flag.
- Rope and toggle finish as standard. Compatible with most standard external and internal flagpole halyard systems.
- Eyelets are a no cost optional extra
- Inglefield clips and spinnaker clips are available at an extra cost.
- Reinforced header tape
- Manufactured in house to MOD specification.
Sewn flags manufactured in bold colour fast colours that are resistant to the ageing effects of the sun. Our flags are made to the highest quality and are designed for regular use on outdoor flagpoles. If you would like more information call our sales team on 0161 653 6381.
The first flag of Qatar was plain red. It was used until 1860. A narrow serrated white stripe was added at the hoist (some sources claim the stripe was not serrated). In 1916 a white flag was used with a red square in the centre and a yellow (some sources say red) crescent in the canton. It seems that this flag was short-lived and soon replaced by the previous flag. In 1932 the vertical serrated stripe was changed to a wavy stripe and the red was then changed to violet. In 1936 the violet field was changed to maroon with 91/2 serrated points and 10 diamonds in the serration. The name of the state was written in white the flag. In 1949 the shade was slightly modified and the serration reached 1/3 of the flag. The diamonds were suppressed. In 1971 the current flag was adopted, practically identical but with a ratio of 11:28.
We Also Recommend