Olympic Games Flag Sewn
Sewn National Flag
- 140gsm woven fabric
- Double stitched top and bottom hem with triple stitching on the fly edge.
- Anti Fray netting can be added as an optional extra prolonging the life span of your flag.
- Rope and toggle finish as standard. Compatible with most standard external and internal flagpole halyard systems.
- Eyelets are a no cost optional extra
- Inglefield clips and spinnaker clips are available at an extra cost.
- Reinforced header tape
- Manufactured in house to MOD specification.
Sewn flags manufactured in bold colour fast colours that are resistant to the ageing effects of the sun. Our flags are made to the highest quality and are designed for regular use on outdoor flagpoles. If you would like more information call our sales team on 0161 653 6381.
The first and best-known flag used in sport is that of the Olympic Games. It was designed in 1913 and was flown for the first time in public in Paris on the 20th anniversary of the foundation of the International Olympic Committee. The flag was first hoisted at the Olympics in Antwerp in 1920. the white stands for peace and friendship between the competing nations, and the rings represent the five continents and denote the global character of the Olympic movement. During the opening ceremony a large Olympic flag is raised on a flagpole at the stadium and remains there during the Games. The athletes take the oath holding a corner of the flag and various forms of the flag are used during the opening and closing ceremonies.
We Also Recommend