Holland National Flag Sewn
Sewn National Flag
- 140gsm woven fabric
- Double stitched top and bottom hem with triple stitching on the fly edge.
- Anti Fray netting can be added as an optional extra prolonging the life span of your flag.
- Rope and toggle finish as standard. Compatible with most standard external and internal flagpole halyard systems.
- Eyelets are a no cost optional extra
- Inglefield clips and spinnaker clips are available at an extra cost.
- Reinforced header tape
- Manufactured in house to MOD specification.
Sewn flags manufactured in bold colour fast colours that are resistant to the ageing effects of the sun. Our flags are made to the highest quality and are designed for regular use on outdoor flagpoles. If you would like more information call our sales team on 0161 653 6381.
Officially introduced 14 February 1796, confirmed 19 February 1937. The first flag of the Netherlands (Holland), introduced in 1574 during the struggle for independence, was a horizontal tri-colour of orange-white-blue. Orange was the colour of William I, Prince of Orange, who led the rebellion against Spanish rule and eventually in 1581 established an independent country. During the 17th century red gradually replaced the orange, and in 1796 the red-white-blue was officially confirmed. Nevertheless, orange is still the Dutch national colour and when the flag is displayed during state holidays or by diplomatic missions abroad it is accompanied by a long orange streamer fastened just above the flag.
We Also Recommend